How to Crochet a Mini Wall Hanging Ornament
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
This post is all about how to crochet a mini wall hanging ornament.
I’m back with another free pattern for you…and this time it’s an adorable mini wall hanging ornament! This is a perfect stash-busting project and only takes a few minutes to make! It will be perfect for presents, markets, or for your own Christmas tree.
Now let’s get to the part you’re all here for!
- A very small amount of worsted weight yarn (I used Dishie from We Crochet in the color “Swan.”
- Size H Crochet Hook / 5mm — Find my favorite hook here.
- Cinnamon Stick
- Yarn Needle — Find my favorites here.
- CH — chain
- SC — single crochet
- DC — double crochet
- Shell — (SC, 2 DC) in designated stitch
- 2 inches long without tassels
- 5 inches long total with tassels
- Gauge is not important for this project
- If you have any questions at all, please leave a comment below and I’d be happy to help!
Time to make your ornament!
Row 1 (Right Side): Shell into 2nd chain from the hook. Skip 2 CH, *Shell into next CH, skip next 2 CH,* around. SC into the last CH. Turn.
Row 2: CH 1, shell into the first SC. *Skip next 2 DC stitches, shell into the next SC stitch,* around. SC into the last SC stitch. Turn.
Repeat row 2 until piece measures about 2”. It took me 5 rows total.
ATTACH YOUR PIECE TO CINNAMON STICK
- After row 5, turn work and CH 1. SC your mini wall hanging to the cinnamon stick.
- To do this, insert your hook into the stitch and pull up a loop like normal. Yarn over the cinnamon stick and hook and pull through both loops to make a SC. This will attach your piece to your cinnamon stick!
1. To make the fringe, cut a piece of yarn about 8” long. Fold yarn in half and use crochet hook to pull the folded part through the bottom of the wall hanging. Grab the two ends of the yarn and pull through the loop and tighten. (Shown below) Trim fringe to whatever length you’d like!
2. Make sure to cut a separate piece of yarn to tie onto the cinnamon stick to make the hanger.
And that’s it!! Only a few minutes of your time and you have a super cute new ornament to hang up! I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to seeing all of your mini wall hanging ornaments. Make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your finished creations!