Free Round Crochet Placemat Pattern
(Woodhaven Placemat Pattern)
A Modern Farmhouse Round Crochet Placemat Pattern
by Oak and Willow
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Time for one of my favorite patterns of all time!! Need to dress up your table for a holiday meal? Or maybe you just want your table to look pretty all year round? I have the perfect beginner, quick project for you friend.
This post is all about how to crochet a modern round crochet placemat.
- 1 skein (makes 1 placemat) of super bulky weight yarn (I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick in the color "Succulent")/3 skeins to make 4 placemats
- Size M Crochet Hook (9mm)
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle
- 13" circle
- Ch -- Chain
- Blo -- Back Loop Only
- Hhdc -- Herringbone Half Double Crochet
- Inc -- Make 2 HHDC in the same stitch
- Sl St -- Slip Stitch
- * -- Repeat
- Not important for this project. My finished placemat came out to be 13".
- If yours is coming out too small, try using a bigger hook size.
- Do not join at the end of a round. Rounds are worked in a continuous spiral.
- Try to crochet these stitches loosely. If you make the hhdc too tight, your trivet might curl up on you.
- Every stitch in this pattern will be worked into the back loop only.
- If you have any questions at all, please reach out to me and I'd be happy to help!
HOW TO: HHDC
Yarn over. Put your hook into the stitch and draw up a loop. (3 loops)
Pull the 1st loop straight through the 2nd loop. You will have 2 loops left on your hook.
Yarn over. Pull through the last 2 loops.
Make a magic circle.
Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as a stitch) 6 hhdc into the magic circle. Do not join. Tighten circle. (6 hhdc)
*Note: From here on out, every stitch will be worked into the blo.
Round 2: Inc into the blo of the first stitch you made (place a stitch marker into the first stitch of this increase). Inc into the blo of the next stitch and into every stitch around. (12 hhdc)
Round 3: *Inc into the next 2 stitches, hhdc into the next stitch,* around. (20 hhdc)
Round 4: *Inc into the next 2 stitches, hhdc into the next 2 stitches,* around. (30 hhdc)
Round 5: *Inc into the next 2 stitches, hhdc into the next 3 stitches,* around. (42 hhdc)
Round 6: *Inc into the next 2 stitches, hhdc into the next 4 stitches,* around. (56 hhdc)
Round 7: *Inc into the next 2 stitches, hhdc into the next 5 stitches,* around. (72 hhdc)
Round 8-9: Hhdc into the first stitch of the round and into every stitch around. (72 hhdc) Sl st to the first stitch of the round.
Fasten off and weave in ends.
You have now finished making the Woodhaven Placemat!
Remember to tag me on Instagram @oakandwillowllc and use #oakandwillowllc and #woodhavenplacemat so I can see your finished creations!!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Happy making friends! I can't wait to see your decorated tables! 🖤