Are you a blanket lover but hate working with warm fibers in the summer?
Introducing the Breezy Summer Blanket Crochet Pattern!! It is light, airy, and uses super soft cotton yarn so your hands won't get hot while you are crocheting outside.
The Breezy Summer Blanket is a free crochet blanket pattern and the first Oak + Willow CAL! Yay! 🥳
Questions About the CAL
Here is some helpful info to read over before beginning our first summer crochet along!
- Will there be an end date? Nope! This free pattern will remain on my blog so you can crochet at your own pace. This crochet along is open-ended, but there may be a newer CAL on the blog so make sure to check!
- Will there be a prize? Yes! All you need to do is post a picture of the finished blanket on social media or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get to choose 3 free pattern pdfs from my shop! This prize has no end date: submit your finished projects anytime.
- How do you share on social media? Post a photo of your progress/finished blanket using #owsummercal2021
- What do you need? Scroll down for the needed materials.
Materials for Summer 2021 Crochet Along
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
The materials listed below are all suggested. Of course you will be encouraged to pull yarn from you stash if you have the right yarn weight! This crochet blanket pattern will be the perfect stash buster.
- DK weight cotton yarn - I used Hobbii Rainbow Bamboo Cotton Yarn. Approximately 1685 yards
- Size G/4mm Crochet Hook - My favorite hooks are from Knitter's Pride and Clover.
- Yarn Needle
Feel free to use as little as one color or as many colors as you'd like! Neutrals, rainbow, brights...your choice! I cannot wait to see all of your creativity shine through with this fun project!
I used the colors: Almond, Green Tea, and Bronze in that order. Once i finished working with Bronze, I started all over again with Almond.
Listed below are the abbreviations found in this pattern.
- Ch - Chain
- Dc - Double Crochet
- Sp - Space
- St(s) - Stitch(es)
- * - Repeat whatever is in between
If your gauge doesn't match mine, go up or down a hook size depending on your tension.
- 16 stitches x 8 rows in pattern = 4" square
This blanket is a medium size throw.
- Length: 48"
- Width: 37"
Breezy Summer Blanket Crochet Pattern
With your first color, Ch 181.
Row 1 (Right Side): 2 dc into the 2nd chain from the hook. Dc into the next 3 chains. *Skip 2 ch, dc into the next 4 ch. Ch 2, dc into the next 4 ch,* across. Skip 2 ch, dc into the next 3 ch. 2 dc into the last ch. Turn.
Row 2-10: Ch 1 (does not count as a stitch), 2 dc into the first stitch. Dc into the next 3 stitches. *Skip 2 sts, dc into the next 3 sts. (Dc, ch 2, dc) into the next ch-2 sp. Dc into the next 3 sts,* across. Skip 2 sts, dc into the next 3 sts. 2 dc into the last st. Turn.
Repeat row 2 until your blanket reaches 48" in length or until you've reached your desired length.
〰️ I used 3 colors for mine and switched colors every 10 rows: 〰️
Rows 1-10: Almond
Rows 11-20: Green Tea
Rows 21-30: Bronze
Rows 31-40: Almond
And so on...
Remember to Post or Email Your Finished Blanket Pictures to Win
Post on Instagram using #owsummercal2021 and tag me @oakandwillowllc so you can choose your 3 free patterns! If you do not wish to post to social media, email me your finished blanket picture at email@example.com.
I can't wait to see your finished Breezy Summer Crochet Blankets! ♥️
Please browse my website for more fun crochet content and free crochet patterns.